Patriotic

Real Widows

Real Widows
BlogtalkRadio Show

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inspirations...

As I sit here thinking of all the inspirations in my life, I can only smile because my mind is flooded with some of the most amazing people and situations. I have been lucky to have an over abundance of them in the last five years that have truly given me the tools to be the most inspired person I can be. And in turn hopefully inspiring to other for which our paths have crossed.


Ill begin with the two most precious inspirations, my two boys. I know I have said this many times before, but without those two sweet little guys Im not sure I would be here today. My pain was immense in the beginning as we all know too well. My reason for getting up every day and facing the day, even if it was less than half the effort it should have been; was simply for them. They were my inspiration, their beautiful, perfect smiling faces, their contagious, purely happy laughs that filled a very sad and lonely house. The hugs that engulfed not only my leg or waist but my heart and soul. When I looked into their eyes and saw an amazing combination of them and their Dad, there was no way to be anything but inspired by the two most amazing little men ever. They inspire me everyday to be a better person, better Mom and live each day to the fullest. I cant thank my boys enough for what they have given me and brought into my life. A happiness that honors their Dad and makes me want to live!  


My biggest and most constant inspiration is Christopher. I strive every day to make him proud of me and on those days that I don't do the best job, I feel like I've let him down. He was filled with pride, honor and love for his country, family and friends. I never want to feel as though I am not doing my absolute best by him. I know there are those days but then I just try harder to make the next day count for more. When I think of what he would want for myself or the boys it makes things easier to face and handle. He was my biggest inspiration in life and he remains that in death. Somethings don't change even in death, love and inspiration are two. He loved me unconditionally and with his whole heart. He will forever inspire me to be the best I can, take make the choices that best fit our family and to be that which he so admired in me.


I have, through this journey found the most incredible inspiration through my widsters. We have all been through hell and back, there is no doubt about that. There are some who have multiple blows that still fight everyday to be the best they can. I know that no matter what the day brings I will have my widsters by my side, to love me, make me laugh and help me up when Ive fallen. That alone makes the days worth living and livable. Those who have been there know who they are and know that I absolutely love and adore them to no end. My widsters have written books, created groups to help and inspire others, volunteered time to others in need, put their wants and needs on hold for others, some make jewelry, some to golf tournaments, others get involved in groups that already exist and do their best to help fellow widsters. 


There are those things in life that don't have to do with anyone that I also catch myself finding inspire me. One being an absolutely perfect blue sky, gorgeous day, smile of a stranger, kind words from those you never expected to hear from, a movie that transports you to another place in time, or a song that flashes a memory into your conscious that you had forgotten about. A quote or saying, a poem, a short story or maybe just a simple thought that becomes a life changing moment that inspires me to move forward. All small things but all things that can inspire me to be better. 


I find inspiration in so many amazing things in life. The determination in one person to make their lives better even in the face of hardship and complications is a true inspiration for me. I have a person in my life that at this moment is fighting like hell to find happiness and their determination to do so, inspires me and makes me believe that anything is possible.


With all the inspiration around me, I find it hard to do anything but strive everyday to do the right thing and follow my heart to inspire others. So I take each day and each inspiration and make the very best out of it. 


My father has got to be one of my biggest inspirations. He is the single most amazing man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and calling Dad. He has overcome and faced so much in his life and I am sure he will remain the biggest influence in my life to this day.  He still at 80 inspires me to be the best I can and strive to be honest, open and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment